Most of us face challenges when we try to get out the door in the morning, especially when trying to eat something at least reasonably healthy and filling. This works well, especially if you make it in advance so all you have to do is heat it briefly or eat it out of hand like a muffin. I usually bake this, let it cool and then package individual servings in baggies and freeze. This recipe is adapted from Budget Bytes
- 1½ cups (about 3 medium) mashed banana
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- 2 cups coconut milk (or regular milk)
- 2½ cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries*
- Mash the bananas and combine in a large bowl with the eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, salt, and baking powder. Whisk to combine. Add the coconut milk and whisk again until smooth.
- Stir in the dry old-fashioned oats. Fold in the blueberries.Pour into greased 8″x 8″ baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated 375 degree oven and bake for about 45 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the center is no longer wet to the touch.
- This can be served warm with or without milk, or eat as is. Makes a great breakfast on the go. It also freezes well.