This meal is in regular rotation at our house. It’s not exactly a freezer meal, though the ingredients come straight out of my freezer, or pantry. We always have a bag of Kirkland Signature Boneless/Skinless Salmon Fillets in our freezer. These bags retail for about $28, and contain 7 individually wrapped fillets (around $4/Fillet, a pretty good price for Salmon). I usually have a variety of frozen veggies on hand, too. I also keep several types of pasta in my pantry, including orzo. Again, I stock up when both these items are on sale and use them as needed.
The picture above is salmon, cooked according to the bag directions, with a bit of olive oil and Penzy’s Shallot Pepper Seasoning. I’ve made it with salt & pepper, seafood seasoning, and other seasoning mixes, as well. The recipe for the orzo is listed below.
Orzo Pilaf with Veggies
- 1 TBL Butter
- 2+ Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tsp Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 2 Cup Water (Or Chicken Stock)
- 8 oz Orzo (1/2 box)
- 1/4 C Italian Cheese/ Parmesan/ Goat Cheese
- 1 Bag frozen veggies (see pic for my favorite!)
- Melt butter in pan on medium heat.
- Saute garlic, until fragrant
- Add orzo. Cook until it begins to brown, approximately 3 min.
- Add water (stock), frozen veggies, and seasoning,
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add cheese, stir and remove from heat. Serve.